What to Bring
There are several items required to participate in a TEAM OREGON course.
You must wear riding gear for all on-cycle exercises, including:
- DOT-approved motorcycle helmet. Loaner helmets are available for basic, intermediate and RSP students.
- Eye protection. A helmet face shield, goggles, safety glasses, sunglasses or eyeglasses are acceptable.
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket. A motorcycle jacket is required for ART students and recommended for all other students.
- Long pants. Lower body-clothing may have no holes or tears. Motorcycle pants are recommended.
- Full-fingered gloves. Gloves must cover entire hand and fingers. Motorcycle gloves are recommended.
- Low-heeled boots or shoes that cover your ankles. Sturdy motorcycle boots with good traction are recommended. Footwear that interferes with the normal use of controls (e.g. high heels) are not permitted.
Riding gear is not necessary for the first night of BRT classroom. Bring your riding gear for all other basic course sessions, and bring your riding gear for all sessions of IRT, RSP and ART. Students without the required riding gear will be dismissed without refund.
- Bring rain gear and sunscreen – courses are conducted rain or shine.
- Pack extra clothing to accommodate temperature changes.
- Bring healthy snacks, water and soft drinks.
You must bring the following documents to the first class session:
You must complete and sign the required waiver form. If you are younger than 18, the form must also be signed by a parent or legal guardian. If you cannot print the waiver, one will be provided at class.
Download Waiver Form
You must have Adobe® Reader to open and print the waiver form. You can download a free copy of this program from the Adobe® website.
- For basic or intermediate courses, you must present a valid driver’s license or motor vehicle instruction permit.
- For RSP or ART, you must present a valid driver’s license with a motorcycle endorsement.
Proof of Insurance
If you are riding your own bike (see below), you must present current proof of insurance.
TEAM OREGON provides training bikes and scooters for basic, intermediate and RSP courses. Training bikes are not provided for ART. Our fleet is made up of various makes and models of small, lightweight machines 125-250 cc with seat heights to suit short, medium or tall riders. Some examples are:
|Suzuki TU 250
||Kawasaki Eliminator 125
||Suzuki GZ 250
||Genuine Buddy 125
||Yamaha TW 200
You may also ride your own bike in the course:
- For basic courses: The engine size must be 51-250 cc.
- For intermediate courses, RSP and ART: The engine size must be at least 51 cc. There is no maximum size limit in these courses.
The bike must have a valid motorcycle license plate. Mopeds or bikes bearing moped license plates are not allowed. Vehicles with more than two wheels are not allowed.
The motorcycle must be properly insured. You must show current proof of insurance to the instructor.
The motorcycle must be street legal, in safe riding condition and pass a safety inspection:
- Motorcycle tires with adequate tread (recommended 1/8 inch or better) and proper inflation.
- Properly functioning front and rear brakes, throttle, clutch, shift lever and final drive.
- Working headlight, high beam, taillight with stop lamp, horn and signals.
- No leaking or weeping fluids.
To help ensure you don’t forget any necessary items, download and print out a handy course checklist:
Checklist for Basic Course
Checklist for Intermediate Course
Checklist for Rider Skills Practice
Checklist for Advanced Course